Let us help you succeed in breastfeeding by teaching its importance, and what you need to know before your baby arrives. The breastfeeding class is taught from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. in the Staff Development Center, which is located just behind the hospital.
Bring your support person to class. By attending breastfeeding classes together, the couple takes one of their first steps towards unity in parenting. As you share the experience, you grow in strength and stability. Some of the topics discussed include:
* How breastfeeding works
* How to establish a good milk supply
* How to get your baby to latch
* How to know if your baby is getting enough milk
* Positions for breastfeeding
* When and where to get help should you need it.